Twenty-eight things I am grateful for:
1. My three sweet, kind, exuberant, beautiful daughters. My forever family…
2. My Village, my Tribe of moms, friends, mentors, guides and confidantes that have provided the safety net, for me and my girls, that I have relied on this past six months.
3. My family whom I have spent my whole life celebrating life’s most treasured days.
4. My home, filled with life memories, is my sanctuary of love, serenity and goodness.
5. My dog, Sage and cat, Apple, who follow me around the house just to be close and remind me that a heart connection to others, furry or not, is all that matters in life.
6. My camera for the thousands of photographs I have taken to keep every life experience fresh in my memory. This will be helpful when those memories are not as easy to come by…
7. Music that fills my soul with peacefulness and reminds me that we all feel the same emotions but come by them individually.
8. Beautiful, colorful art, especially of nature.
9. My body that has allowed me to do everything from ski down double black diamond runs, jump out of an airplane to carrying three beautiful babies for 9 months inside and another year in my arms.
10. The experiences of growing up in the Pacific Northwest, four years in the fast-paced NY Metro area to the serenity of the Rocky Mountains hiking, skiing and living in the original North American ski town.
11. Books, books, books, and my infinite curiosity to read as many as I can. Without question, books are the foundation of my life.
12. Facebook for reminding me that the Universe is both large and small, that I am not alone in the world and have many kindred spirits…
13. My life experiences that have given me courage, resilience, curiosity, compassion for myself and others, ambition, and most importantly, the ability to love and be loved.
14. All four of my grandparents who have and continue to teach me the meaning and purpose of life is not found outside home but instead, right in the middle of everyday life among family and friends.
15. The sounds of happy children playing.
16. Peaceful mornings spent with a cup of coffee (with cream and cocoa), a book and happy girls.
17. My new car complete with streaming music, although Taylor Swift gets way too much airtime.
18. To be a stay-at-home mom while my girls are little. I am equally grateful to have spent more than a decade in my career and for the opportunity to resume my career shortly.
19. The opportunity to go back to college for an MFA in Creative Writing.
20. That God has been by my side directing my path for my whole life. He has given me very clear signs (crystal of late) that it is time for a new direction.
21. My GIRLS! (I know that was number one but, oh my goodness how grateful I am!)
22. Traditions, whether birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas or Halloween. As a younger person I didn’t always want to follow the crowd but the older I get it becomes so clear how those traditions comfort and bind us together as one.
23. The abundance of opportunities, comforts, and love that I have in my life.
24. My soft, fluffy bed with six pillows, pillow top mattress and book light.
25. Flowers of all kinds in a garden, window box, vase or wild on a mountainside. In college I used to spend $25 a week on groceries that included a bouquet and magazine. I still love to come home and unwrap a beautiful bunch of flowers to set on my counter.
26. Bob, for giving me the time and space to figure out who I am and what my purpose in life was meant to be. Most of all, for giving me the life to which I am overwhelmed with gratitude.
27. My GIRLS!
28. My beautiful life.